Terms & Conditions
Terms & conditions of sale
1. DEFINITIONSIn these conditions:
- "The Company" means Satcit Editorial.
- "The Buyer" means the persons, firm or company entering into the contract with the Company.
- "The Conditions" means the conditions herein contained relating to the sale of the goods.
- "The Contract" means the contract between the Company and The Buyer, created upon acceptance of The Buyer's order.
- "The Goods" means the goods supplied hereunder in accordance with the order.
- "The Order" means the order placed by The Buyer, based on the Company's quotation.
- "The Quotation" means the quotation provided by the Company to The Buyer at the point of sale.
- (a) Quotations for and acceptance of all orders are subject to these conditions and shall govern the contract to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions. The Buyer shall be deemed to have accepted these conditions on placing the order.
- (b) No addition to or variation from these terms and conditions shall have effect unless the same are expressly accepted by the Company in writing under the hand of a director of the Company.
- (c) The conditions represent the entire agreement and understanding of the parties and supersede any prior agreements, representations or undertakings.
- (a) The price for goods will be as provided in the quotation, and confirmed to The Buyer in the Company's invoice.
- (b) For orders where some or all items of the order are not held in stock, The Company reserves the right to vary from the price quoted to the extent that such variation is required to cover increases in the cost of supplying the goods between quotation and delivery to The Buyer. Prices at the date of delivery shall therefore prevail.
- (a) Payment shall be made in full before any goods will be delivered unless otherwise agreed and confirmed to The Buyer in the Company's invoice.
- (b) All prices quoted are exclusive of VAT. Currently VAT is not charged on any orders.
- (a) The appointment of carriers is at the Company’s sole discretion unless otherwise agreed by The Company prior to quotation.
- (b) All reasonable efforts will be made by the Company to fulfil delivery dates.
- (c) The Company will consider repair or replacement of goods damaged or lost in transit where delivery is made by the Company’s carrier providing written notice of such damage or loss is provided within 3 days by The Buyer.
6. WARRANTY AND LIABILITY
- (a) Subject to the conditions set out below, the Company warrants that the goods are of a satisfactory quality and reasonably fit for their normal purpose. We do not give any other warranties in respect of the Goods, their condition or delivery.
- (b) The Company does not offer any warranties as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in any of the Goods.
- (c) The warranty given in paragraph (a) is subject to the following conditions.
- (d) If The Buyer believes that the Goods are not of a satisfactory quality, The Buyer may, within 30 days of delivery, notify The Company in writing stating the reason for dissatisfaction. If The Company authorises return of the Goods and they are returned in their original condition and at The Buyer's expense, The Company will promptly replace them or refund the Price of such Goods at their sole discretion.
- (i) the Company shall be under no liability in respect of any defect arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, abnormal use, misuse or alteration or repair of the goods without the Company’s written approval.
- (ii) the Company shall be under no liability under the above warranty if the total price for the goods has not been paid by the due date for payment.
- (c) Subject as expressly provided in these conditions, all warranties, conditions or other terms implied by statute or common law are expressly excluded to the extent permitted by law.
- (d) Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by the Company’s negligence (or implied under the Consumer Safety Act 1987) the Company shall not be liable to The Buyer by reason of any representation, implied warranty, condition or other term or under the express terms of the contract for any consequential loss or damage (whether for loss of profit or otherwise), costs, expenses or other claims for consequential compensation whatsoever arising out of the supply of goods and the Company’s liability for direct loss (otherwise than for death or personal injury) shall be limited to the value of the invoice for the contract.
- (a) The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 give The Buyer the right to cancel this contract for any reason within 7 days after receiving the goods or services. The Buyer has certain obligations under these conditions including but not limited to the following. After 7 days returns will only be accepted where goods qualify for replacement under warrantee.
- (i) The Buyer has a duty to take reasonable care of the goods throughout the cancellation period.
- (ii) The Buyer must return the goods to The Company at their own expense, or make the goods available for collection by The Company. If collection is made by The Company the full cost of this will be charged to The Buyer which may cost considerably more than had The Buyer returned the goods to The Company.
- (iii) The Buyer must take reasonable care when handling and inspecting the product. Any product seals must not be broken
- (b) The Company will not accept the return of any goods without its prior written consent either by post or email.
- (c) Where such consent is provided goods shall be returned at The Buyers expense (see clause a above).
- (d) A full refund for goods returned under the cancellation period will be paid to The Buyer by the same payment method the goods were originally paid for, to the full value of the goods plus postage cost or parts thereof. The refund will be made within 30 days of receiving written notice of cancellation, or as soon as the goods are returned to The Company, whichever comes first.
- (e) No returns will be accepted on claim by The Buyer that the content and/or type of the goods was not understood.
7. ERRORS & MISTAKES
- Please carefully check your order details, including delivery name and address ensuring everything is correct before completing your order. Items returned to us because of address errors will be resent upon payment of postage charges, but we cannot re-send or refund orders lost due to errors made entering the delivery name and address.
- All notices to be given under the contract shall be given by prepaid first class post or email to the registered office or principal place of business of the party to be notified and shall be deemed to have been delivered if by letter at the expiration of 48 hours after posting and if by email on receipt.
9. FORCE MAJEURE
- The Company shall be entitled to cancel the contract or reduce the quantity of goods to be provided if it is prevented from providing the goods through any circumstances beyond its reasonable control including (but not limited to) industrial action, war, fire or prohibition or enactment of any kind, and will not be liable for any loss or damage incurred whatsoever arising therefrom.
10. GOVERNING LAW
- The contract shall be governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the High Court in England.
No part of these terms and conditions affects your statutory rights